Monday 23 March 2020

Making a fishing net border with the roller coaster border punch

Let's a create this fun fishing layout with a border idea using the roller coaster punch?
why not .. so many ideas to be used with punch. I've seen turtles, baskets, and more made from this punch..


The supplies I used for this layout was the Magic Awaits paper and Stickers,
peacock and white cardstock, scraps of genuine and goldenrod, black  paper.

Lets punch it up! 


For the border I punched  the dips and diamonds border maker and cut card stock. cut at 2.5 inches after punched.


punch paper of choice using the roller coaster punch and use scissors to create nets as shown 



I used the outdoor Adventure Quartet Punch and punch fish with my scrap paper


to create the weeds I used the gum leaf bunch using scraps from the genuine  can use other leaf punches or spiky evergreen chain border maker punch


 As I was looked at the stickers I noticed this one saying an wondering if I could mat using the CCS.. well you can.. this little sticker is great, but it needed a little pop to stand out in the border.  Using the Gemstone CCS templates and the red and green blades, I matted with goldenrod and white cardstock.. just what it needed.


To put the border together I adhered the blue cardstock to a piece of the Magic Awaits patterned paper. This would work well  also adhering directly a magic awaits F2F page.

I added the camera sticker border to the top, and arranged the nets fish and leaves as desired ..
Hey if you can catch and fish then feel free to fill the nets with fish instead of weeds.
place the hexagon saying as desired.


Around the saying add clusters of stickers to highlight.. and use foam squares to create dimension 


Always need a little journaling to say what the day was about.

I used the decorative trimmer and created a fun wave..
To finish off the layout I used the rest of peacock cardstock to create mats for the photos.
I added more weeds at the bottom with spiky evergreen border maker cartridge.
a few more embellishments to finish it off  




Hope you enjoyed this border idea.. 


Get your hands on this great promo starting Monday 23rd for limited time 


To get all your supplies to make this layout or take advantage of this promo go to 
Happy Scrapping 



No comments:

Post a Comment